Ok, so what this is supposed to do is clarify your skin and take out impurities, while smoothing your skin. I have to admit that it took me a couple of tries to actually be able to peel this mask off my face. In order for this work, you really have to apply a thick layer, otherwise, it’s just way too thin to actually peel off your face and you will just have to wash it off, which beats the “cool peeling off” aspect of it.
I love facial masks in general, especially the Mudd brand, which is no longer available anywhere, so when I saw this at CVS, I really wanted to try it. It DOES actually leave your skin feeling smooth and hydrated. In terms of taking out impurities, I can’t really tell because those impurities are microscopic. This is not one of those things that you can compare to pore strips, where you can actually see the stuff that they pick up. The one thing I really like about this mask is it actually opens up my pores so that if I do want to clean them out afterwards, it makes it very easy. It has a light cucumber scent, which I don’t mind at all and the consistency of it is similar to silicone but softer, but once you start working it on your face, it becomes quite manageable. You can buy this mask at most drug stores and it retails for $4.49, although that’s a variable price. I got mine on sale, which was 2 of them for $8. Here are my ratings for this product:
1. Quality – 3 – I don’t feel that this is anything special in terms of quality. It freshens up the skin but doesn’t do any miracles.
2. Price – 4 – the price is quite affordable as it is a drug store product. For $4.49 you get 6 oz of product in a large squeeze tube so it should last you for a long time.
3. Wearability – this doesn’t really apply to this product, but I will say that it doesn’t pull or tug at the skin as it dries
4. Longevity – this product dries relatively fast, I would say 5-10 minutes, so you don’t have to sit there forever, waiting to take it off.
5. Scent – 5 – the light cucumber scent is quite pleasant. Obviously if you don’t like cucumber, you won’t like this scent.
6. Safe for oily/acne prone skin – 5 – this is definitely safe for my skin as it helps to open up pores, which makes it easy for further cleansing.
Overall this is a good product. Definitely not my favorite facial mask, but since my favorite ones are no longer made, this does a very good job of mildly cleansing and smoothing my skin.